Dental bonding is one of the most versatile dental treatments that uses composite resin material to correct many dental issues.
How does dental bonding work?
First, the tooth needing treatment will be made slightly rough, and then a special conditioning liquid is applied to the tooth’s surface to help the resin adhere properly. After the dentist permanently bonds the composite resin material to your tooth by using a special ultraviolet light, he will mold, shape and smooth the material to give it a natural appearance.
The procedure should take about 30-60 minutes to complete, depending on the number of teeth needing treatment.
How long does dental bonding last?
The composite resin material used for dental bonding can last up to 10 years before replacement treatment is needed. Patients can prolong the life of a well-performed dental bonding procedure by maintaining a good regimen of oral hygiene, including regular visits for cleanings while also avoiding chewing objects, ice, or fingernails.
How can dental bonding help me?
Dental bonding can be a treatment option for patients with the following issues:
- Repairing a chipped tooth
- Restoring discolored teeth that do not respond to teeth whitening treatments
- Repairing a tooth damaged by decay
- Closing a space or gap between teeth
- Making a tooth appear longer
- Altering the shape of a tooth
Benefits of dental bonding
- Minimal pain – The vast majority of patients require no anesthesia to undergo a dental bonding treatment.
- Low cost – Dental bonding is relatively inexpensive, compared to other cosmetic dental procedures.
- Less time – Whereas many cosmetic dentistry treatments require multiple trips to the dentist, dental bonding procedures can be completed within a single visit.
- Safe – Dental bonding uses a composite resin material that does not contain any metal components, and is, therefore, biocompatible with your body.
Dental Bonding Fairport, Pittsford, and Rochester, NY
Want to learn more about dental bonding, or any of our other cosmetic dental procedures? Call our Pittsford, NY office today at (585) 248-2575.
Pittsford Dental Excellence Center proudly provides total oral health care to patients in the areas of Fairport, Pittsford, and Rochester, NY.