DENTIST PITTSFORD NY
We pride ourselves on providing a level of care that is not often seen in medicine or dentistry today.
Our Office is Open
An Important Message to Our Patients (updated 6/2/2020):
The health and safety of our patients is our top priority. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and team safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
The following guidelines were issued by these agencies, and we have instituted them. At your next appointment, you will see some changes to help protect our patients and our team.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- You will be asked to hand sanitize when entering our office. Hand sanitizer will be available in other areas of our office for you to use as needed.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
ADDITIONAL SAFETY MEASURES. Our office has implemented, above and beyond the recommendations, to provide our patients the highest level of care and caring that you have become accustomed to in our office; exceeding all the CDC guidelines and protocols.
- Personalized arrival procedures to guide you from your car directly to treatment rooms to eliminate contacting services.
- Providing more education materials to enhance your awareness of health issues related to this pandemic.
- We require a mask to be worn by all patients upon entering the office.
- Research has shown that since the COVID virus may be vulnerable to oxidation, patients will be asked to rinse with CTX4 to reduce exposure to germs.
- Require all team members to undergo periodic testing for COVID-19 and antibodies for the earliest detection of exposure should it exist.
- Record temperature of every patient upon entering the office.
- Record the temperature and lung efficiency of every team member each day at beginning and end of work period.
- Payment arrangements in advance to avoid delay and allow contactless exit from the appointment.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients.
- Ambient air management with HEPA air filtration continuously in treatment rooms and common areas to remove germs from circulating air.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures before and after all appointments with mist and fogging devices to access hard to reach places that can be easily missed.
- New personal protection equipment like visors, gowns, and masks for our doctor and team to provide barriers against the smallest of germs.
- Introduce protocols to reduce or eliminate airborne aerosols during all dental procedures
- Enhanced nightly disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones, tablets, chairs, doorknobs, and buttons that may be touched unconsciously.
- Longer appointment times for you to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties in the safest and most comprehensive manner.
- Providing teledentistry services for follow up lab reports or communication that can be done online or through video education.
- Provide disease testing recommendations for exposure detection to viruses.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about all the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please all our office at 585-248-2575.
Thank you for being our patient. We respect and value the trust and loyalty you have placed in us and we will continue to exceed your expectations. We can’t wait to see you again!
Sam Guarnieri, DDS
Excellence in dentistry in Rochester, NY
Patients throughout the Rochester, NY area seek the care of Dr. Sam Guarnieri for his outstanding treatment results, expertise, compassion, integrity, honesty and understanding. We are committed to dental excellence and passionate about your oral health care and well-being.
At Pittsford Dental Excellence Center, we elevate dentistry to an art form. Our team is committed to excellence through professional development and continuous education. The Pittsford Dental Excellence Center team can improve and restore your smile and health to achieve the end results you desire.
Do you want the smile you once had or the smile you never had? That’s the question we ask every patient. With cosmetic dentistry or general dentistry services, we can help you reach optimal oral health, total health and wellness. We do this by discussing prudent treatment options to help you successfully attain and maintain a healthy, attractive smile for a lifetime.
Download our guides
Sleep apnea occurs when the walls of the throat come together during sleep, blocking the upper airway.
Sleep apnea is a relatively common breathing disorder that occurs when a person’s airway becomes either partially or completely blocked during sleep. These nighttime blockages can wake a person from sleep which causes the brain and body to receive inadequate amounts of oxygen. These blockages can occur as often as 30 times per hour. So, imagine how impossible it is to get a good nights sleep!
Loud snoring is considered one of the major warning signs of disruptive sleep apnea.
Other symptoms to watch out for can include, excessive daytime fatigue, restless sleep, trouble focusing and mood swings.
Cosmetic dentistry refers to dental treatments that improve the appearance of a patient's teeth, gums, bite or smile.
At Pittsford Dental Excellence Center, we take an interdisciplinary approach to cosmetic dental care to not only restore your smile but restore your health. Dentist, Dr. Sam Guarnieri, has been able to help countless patients in the Rochester, NY, area improve their smile, their oral health and get the end results they seek. We can improve the look and shape of your teeth, close spaces and replace silver or unattractive fillings.
We believe in listening to and understanding our patients’ goals and needs. Whatever you’re after, we can advise you on your options and then develop a personalised treatment plan just for you.
Smile with confidence, book a comprehensive consultation today with Dr. Sam.
Your mouth can give us the inside story to your overall health.
Researchers continue to identify the connection between your oral health and overall health. What goes on in your mouth can affect your entire body. That’s why the team here at Pittsford Dental Excellence Center, we take a comprehensive, interdisciplinary approach to your oral and overall body health.
At Pittsford Dental Excellence Center, our comprehensive approach to dental treatment can also detect poor nutrition and hygiene, improper jaw alignments and signs of developing oral and overall health problems.
Seeing the dentist regularly helps to keep your mouth in top shape. Dr. Guarnieri can draw the important connection between your oral health and your overall health and then work with you to develop the treatment plan to meet your total health needs.
Read more to learn more about how your oral health affects your overall health.